Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Growing Up & Moving On


Its senior year, i go to the best school ever, i am surrounded by some of the greatest mentors and leaders ill ever be surrounded by, i am given so much opportunity left and right, and I AM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE. I want to be young forever.
Its hard to think that theres going to come a day in a few months that I am going to have to leave this all behind and start a new chapter of life...Well I'll be honest, its freaks me out and it makes me really sad to think about that. Whats the bummer though is that I always think about it! It seems like in every precious or just fun moment i have with friends or anything at school, the thought crosses my mind that its probably the last time. I mean the thought helps me embrace the moment more, but after its like...man, that sucks, im gunna have to leave all this soon. So lately I've been having such a hard time with this. Like I always feel like I just don't want to grow up and move on with life right now. 
I love high school so much. I love the late night runs to to the grocery store with friends, wandering the halls at school, extreme procrastination (even though i hate it, its funny), running through the halls been loud and obnoxious, messing around in class, talking with my teachers about life and constantly being able to learn so much from my teachers who just totally love their students, sports games, big events, student council, underclassmen, my senior class buds, i could go on and on and get really specific about my school and the people and everything that makes it all so great but i wont...
Anyways, I am having a pretty dang good time. And so I have been asking God to help me trust Him that there is going to be so much more fun and blessing than even now out there in my next part of life! I also asked that he would help to not think about graduation and  leaving so much. 
But this weekend something hit me while i was kind of having a emotional breakdown about not knowing what I am going to do after highschool, not wanting to leave mca, being confused with what my dreams are, and just being confused with a lot of things, and so on. I can't quite put my finger on what hit me, but God definitely did something in my heart. Ever since then...I think about mca, and am so thankful  to go there, yet content that I have to eventually leave and move on. Now I am actually looking forward to whats ahead for me, even though i don't know what that is, I am excited to grow, meet new people, be shaped into the person he has created me to be, have more responsibility, make big decisions based on what I think God wants, more challenges that only make me grow, and so on! Its exciting. Growing up is exciting. All the challenges you face, all the questions you have, friends coming & going, failing & succeeding, all the emotions, and all the character built throughout the beginning of your life. Its all so beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment