Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Our Anchor



Hebrews 6:19 “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure...”
Anchor: “A person or thing that can be relied on for support, stability, or security."
He holds us up when we can’t stand, when we're weak, He is our strength, He keeps us stable amidst our uncertainty.

What a hopeful, and safe feeling; knowing Jesus is our anchor//Love is our anchor. When everything around us fails, confuses, hurts, worries, we are anchored in the unfailing, unchanging, faithful, true, loving, careful, steadfast God. 
Lately I've been getting overwhelmed by everyones different ideas, and things "God has told them" and all that. It confuses me, and just annoys me sometimes. What people say Gods told them and stuff, a lot of the time it all contradicts each other. What the heck. I know its because were human and can mix it up, or think what we want or feel is what Gods saying. But it so wonderful, that Jesus is consistant in what He says in His word, He knows me more than I know myself, and He is speaking to me whether I realize it or not. Its nice that we don't have to drown or get tossed around in the sea of what everyone else says and does, but we are being held steadfast by an Anchor so true, and so loving.
I love it. 
& of course, knowing that no matter what we do, we are loved. 
There is so much hope. I can't imagine living without knowing that.
Thanks Jesus. Thanks for everything. Its an honor to live for You.

& I like anchors.


No comments:

Post a Comment