Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Freedom Found Within Trust

I've always told God I want to feel free to go anywhere and do anything with my life once I am done with college, or just all the time I guess. Recently I have found myself with all this freedom, realizing I asked for it. But why do I feel like I don't want it? I want what I had just a few weeks ago... plans made, and what looked like a good future set up for me. Yes plans, and all that are good and most times, vital. But maybe those plans aren't for right now or ever, maybe I haven't fully dreamed, or I've limited myself over the years as I have planned a future for myself, blindly trusting in other people and things.

I realized the other day that if you want freedom...freedom to go anywhere and do anything with your life, you can't have trust in anyone or anything else besides Jesus, who by his Spirit- guides you, aligns your desires and dreams with His, and who promotes you. 
Freedom is found within trust... & that trust, solely in one person: Jesus.
I wonder if I've felt like I don't want all this freedom because It means what I just said above. I have to trust in someone I can't see, someone I can't touch with my hands, or wrap my mind around. But what better person to trust than the One who holds everything together in His hand?
We can so easily cling to Gods working and moving in a persons life close to us, that we find security in that as long as we partner with them in life, things will be great, and successful. Meanwhile, unaware of it, we put ourselves on the back burner (where our dreams, desires and passions gradually become blurry, and distant). All the freedom we get then is the freedom to which we're given by them. Which therefor is false freedom.
Or we so easily cling to our talents/gifts (or things we THINK make us who we are), finding security in them. Therefor, we trust that they (talents/skills/strengths) will get us far in life, and they will give us real purpose, promotion, opportunity, satisfaction or whatever we may be reaching for.
But we must not put our trust in these people or things we try to find our value in. They aren't enough to get us far, to bring us lasting joy, and purpose. They will eventually fail. Then what happens when they fail? We've built (dreamt, shaped our desires, invested prayers, and planned) our life or our future around them, and then all we have built is gone. But maybe before we partner with anyone or anything, we must fully be trusted in Jesus & set on the desires, dreams and passions HE GIVES rather than the ones we gain from the influence of other people or things in our lives. 
God is jealous for us & our trust in Him. He is our strength to release the grip & security we find in everything else.
[And in these times in life where we realize, something needs to change, and we need to let go of some things, we can rely on Jesus for strength to get through it. Although, grace...the grace Jesus has given us, is way more than strength to just get through something. It is glory strength ("Strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy, thanking the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us." Colossians 1:12), that carries you above your circumstances, and more so that we can pull people up with us. Grace upon grace.]

Though its hard, I love when I am in situations where I have no other choice but to trust God, that he will get me somewhere, that he will provide, that he will lead me and so on. When all we are left with is wonder... it is a glorious place to be in. Wondering what God will do with our lives and situations we face, and than just being in wonder of His goodness, and the beauty and purpose in which He works. ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment