Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

The Puzzle of Circumstances


Over the past few months I have caught myself in this foolish thinking,
...Going over the circumstances of my life thinking, "if I don't find a job soon, then that is probably God telling me to move back home." or "Well, I don't want to go home anymore, but I already bought my plane ticket...so that must mean God wants me to go home."
I am pretty sure God doesn't manipulate us by our circumstances to get us to do what He wants.
Whats crazy is...that would make sense, being that He has given everything for us...but on top of that He gives us free will... and on top of that, he has blessed us with dreams, desires, gifts, and passions in which I believe He leads us by. When I dreamt to live in Australia for two years studying at Hillsong, he wanted me to do that. And he isn't going to throw weird circumstances (like not giving me job opportunities) at me in an effort to tell me to leave after one year. He is a lot bigger than our circumstances. So why do we so often let our circumstances and things guide us? Maybe because it is easy, and it often times can make the most "sense".
Anyways, I started doing this again the other day and realized how silly it was so I wrote this to myself. & Maybe it will help or inspire you too.

Quit living by your circumstances always looking at whats going on, wondering whether thats God shutting or closing the door. Its like you're trying to put your complicated life happenings together like a massive confusing puzzle...this happened, so that must mean that this goes here...and so on. Rubbish. This happened because you are human, and you need to take responsibility for your life, get some desires, dreams, and move forward no matter what "doors" you may have to plow down... do it with determination & passion for something bigger than yourself.

May we always be reminded to not live by our circumstances but to live by Jesus' Word - the lamp shining on our path, by the desires He has put in us, and the gift He has given us today. May we embrace each day, one at a time, doing our best with what is in our hand...all out of love & gratitude to Jesus. That is worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment