Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Day at the Lake


As i was sitting under a tree yesterday, next to lake Calhoun, and facing the downtown skyline across the water, i wrote this.
 The weather is perfect. The sun is shining as it sets, bringing an end to this beautiful day. I don't want to take off my sunglasses because they give life and its beautiful scenery a sepia tone, which makes everything better. The sailboats being led by the wind, as it has a mind of its own. I want to spend a period of my life sailing across the sea, just letting the wind lead me. The planes above my head, arising into the sky as the people anticipate their exciting events awaiting them in their travels ahead! People in swimsuits, laying out, soaking up the summer sun. Grandma and grandpa sitting on the bench watching all the playful activity as they are going over all the memories they once lived, and the dreams they once dreamed. People paging through their novels wishing they themselves were the characters they're reading of. Ice cream stands roll by with their appealing bells ringing, attracting every ear that hears. And the nearby homeless man pouring his heart out with every beautiful music note overflowing from his violin. 



All this to say, I had one reeaally great day at the lake yesterday. I could sit there forever. Under that tree, next to the lake with the sun shining, as a read, write and converse with the Creator of all the beauty i behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment